Re: [glob2-devel] Cheap trick :p

From: Matthew Marshall
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Cheap trick :p
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:43:33 -0300

On Sunday 22 January 2006 23:58, Bradley Arsenault wrote:
[snip description of game]

Hmm... You know, it would kindof be nice to have a replay function :D  Perhaps
at 5x the speed and zoomed out to see the entire map.  (Of course, not until
after 1.0...)

> It should allow a variablility in strategy, yes, but really, cheap
> tricks are just annoying, especially when there is nothing you can do
> but launch a full blown attack to counter them,

I think this is largely a matter of opinion. Anyway, _most_ maps don't allow
for something like this.  And, it's pretty simple to modify a map to make the
stone separator wider.

> Another cheap trick is described in another thread, and imo that would
> be trully annoying, its an instant win.

I can't imagine anyone doing this, (at least more than once for kicks.)  If
someone wants to play glob2, they will probably want a 'full' game. I don't
see it as much of a problem.

> I'm just saying that towers should not be able to shoot over
> resources, IE it can only attack units that could attack it back
> without having to walk out of its firing range (except for other
> buildings like walls which would be destroyed). You can't clear away
> stone and gain access to his towers to blow them, you need to go all
> the way around, and into his base, which is bassically a full blown
> attack if you want to get all the way through.

I think this would feel like an artificial restriction.  Towers protected by
resources is just a strategical position.

MWM