Re: [glob2-devel] We must do a game, not an engine

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] We must do a game, not an engine
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:57:35 +0200

I've been reading comments on the net about glob2. The things people complain
most about are not suboptimal unit allocation, but the lack of campaign and,
at a lower level, gameplay.

We should really focus on making a cool game. The perfect engine is of less
importance.

We should tell our users that campaings that they make are very welcome.
But first finish the rewrite.  Building campaings that don't work in the
next release are no good.

I'm quite happy that development in glob2 takes places.
I don't like the idea of focusing the development.
I don't have the impression that the current work is diffusing.
If someone believes that the perfect engine is a good thing and wants
to program it, I won't stop him.
If our users demand better campaings, we should put this on the todo
list and get the word out that we want some.

I for my part might look into unit allocation some day too.
It's an interesting topic.

Nevertheless reminding us that we are creating a game is OK.