Re: [glob2-devel] We must do a game, not an engine

From: Cyrille Dunant
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] We must do a game, not an engine
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:03:27 +0200

On Wednesday 25 April 2007 15.55:24 Kai Antweiler wrote:
> > You can just choose alternate png for globules, no miracles, drawing
> > still has to be done.
>
> That is too much work.  It's very unlikely that this will ever be used.
> We could try simple images that could be generated by a script.
> Maybe something very symetrical like a bouncing ball.

This is _exactly_ my point. Graphics take work. Time. And if your whole
development strategy is only geared toward the coders, you will _never_ make
a game.

This is what happens to so many free games, they never happen, because people
get extatic about their wonderful code, and cannot be bothered to package it
with nice graphics.

--
-- Cyrille Dunant
-- EPFL-IMX-LMC

   Intolerance is the last defense of the insecure.