Re: [glob2-devel] We must do a game, not an engine

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] We must do a game, not an engine
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:49:14 +0200

> > case in point: anyone plays stratagus?
>
> I tried a couple times, but I couldn't get it to start.
> Maybe they should rewrite their engine.

I think the point is that stratagus was once a complete reimplementation of
warcraft 2 (then called freecraft), and it was great. Now, because of legal
issues with blizzard, it uses free graphics and maps, but is not fun any
more.

Cyrille might have been too aggressive and assertive, but the overall
reasoning is mostly correct.