Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tagging-method explicit implementation

From: Alexander Deruwe
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tagging-method explicit implementation
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:06:18 +0200

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 01:22:26PM +0100, Bill Petheram wrote:

[...]

> Users would have the choice of administrating the inventory directly
> or letting arch do it, or both.

"letting arch do it" => explicit tagging method
"administrating the inventory directly" => tagline tagging method
"I don't really care" => names tagging method

All three of these can be influenced by tweaking the regular expressions
in =tagging-method.

I can only speak for myself when I say this, but this seems like enough
control.

> PRCS had the inventory as part of the (text) project file and so it
> could be editted.

Well, I wouldn't complain if explicit id's were stored in {arch}
somewhere.  Any reason why this can not be done?

The ext{2|3} problem with small files is not really arch's fault, and
should not be solved by arch either.  It's only the _default_ block size
that's too large as well; one can change that to make the problem go
away, I assume.

--
Alexander Deruwe
AQS-CarControl