Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len dynamic
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:09:04 -0400

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 09:05:34AM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
>     > At least, my tla-update-ids script does this renaming foo automatically
>     > (just run it after applying a patch file), as does the python script
>     > someone (Jan?) posted earlier, and doesn't tla_load_dirs do something
>     > similar?
>
> I was thinking of something more stand-alone that, for example, accepts a
> diff(1) patch on stdin and generates a changeset.  And, for polish, I
> gather the desire is for a short-cut from a diff in your mbox to ....
> something .... (a changeset browser?  a tree with the patch applied?  an
> entry in the patch-queue-manager of lore?)

Er, how about:

   #!/bin/sh
   # Usage: foo NEW_CHANGE_SET
   # takes patch on stdin
   patch -p1
   tla-update-ids
   tla undo -o "$1"

:-'

[In general I think you want to leave the result in a project tree anyway --
it's just easier to deal with generally, e.g., to resolve any conflicts, and
commit; Linus in partcular writes gobs of custom scripts anyway, so the main
thing is that any annoying bits be easy.]

-Miles
--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.