Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch lkml

From: Mark Thomas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch lkml
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:18:07 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Bruce Stephens wrote:

> [...]

The only situation that the user need care about tags is when creating the
file (or when duplicating it).  I suppose you could make a special string
like:

<punct> arch-tag: new

cause arch to replace it with some unique id when it's first committed.
If that was a uuidgen style string-o-random-characters people could just
ignore them as "Arch goop".

Personally I find it just as easy to call "uuidgen" myself. If you use vi,
the magic incantation is
  :r!uuidgen
I'm sure other good editors have equivalents.

Regards,

  Mark Thomas.