Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch lkml

From: Roman Zippel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch lkml
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:26:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Robert Collins wrote:

>   *) Go examine a changeset, to see it's format, and read the internals
> of mkpatch, dopatch and inventory

The changeset contains the user provided tag, which makes it difficult
to switch between the different tagging methods. (I trying to avoid to
dive too deeply into the source, so I might have missed something.)
I think arch should always use an automatic tag in the changeset. If there
is a tag in the file, arch should record it during get and basically use
it as an alias for the internal tag.
Anyway, I'm not going to push this too much, as this is only a minor issue
and this thread already has gone too far away from the original point.

bye, Roman