Re: [Gnu-arch-users] User-defined "macro" commands

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] User-defined "macro" commands
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:27:34 -0800

On Dec 13, 2003, at 9:14, Mark Thomas wrote:

Hi,

I've got a few tla-related scripts, and it was beginning to annoy me that
they were called `tla-foo-bar', when all the other tla commands were
`tla baz-quux'.

address@hidden/tla--markbt--1.1--patch-3 add a new feature, where
if tla can't find the command to execute within libarch, it looks in
~/.arch-params/macros/ to see if there's an executable script there to
run.

Wow, I think I had described a very similar feature in the past, but have been too lazy to implement it (and have been hoping other stuff I've done would get accepted).

I would hope that all of the existing alias commands could be implemented using this type of structure so there wouldn't be a need for aliased commands in tla proper.

Also, if ``tla help'' could list these macros, then it would also automatically provide those commands in my tcsh completion. :)

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>