Re: [Gnu-arch-users] User-defined "macro" commands

From: Mark Thomas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] User-defined "macro" commands
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:25:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Dustin Sallings wrote:

>       I would hope that all of the existing alias commands could be
> implemented using this type of structure so there wouldn't be a need
> for aliased commands in tla proper.

I don't really see how aliases (which are new names for other commands)
and `macros' (new, locally defined, commands) fit together; they seem
quite orthogonal to me.

>       Also, if ``tla help'' could list these macros, then it would also
> automatically provide those commands in my tcsh completion.  :)

address@hidden/tla--markbt--1.1--patch-4 implements this.

Additionally you can set the help description using a directive in the
first 1k of the file that looks something like:

<punct>help-description:<blanks><description>

e.g.

# help-description: does foo to bar with baz

Regards,

  Mark.