Re: [Gnu-arch-users] failed inode signature validation...

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] failed inode signature validation...
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:49:36 +0100

Dear Aaron, John,

thanks a lot for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I do not quite understand
what to do, and I suppose you might be able to clarify...

 > You copied either a pristine tree or a revision library.

In fact, I don't know. At work, I checked out Axiom using the simple CookBook
at http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/ArchUsage:

tla my-id "First Last <address@hidden>"

tla register-archive address@hidden http://axiom-developer.org/archive/axiom

tla my-default-archive address@hidden

tla get axiom--main--1

Thus I got a directory

axiom--main--1--patch-24/

containing everyting I want. This is what I put on the CD.

 > For your work, I see a few possibilities. I'm guessing this is a pristine
 > tree problem, so delete {arch}/++pristine-trees
 >
 > I would recommend setting up a revision library. I usually do:

 > mkdir ~/revlib
 > tla my-revision-library ~/revlib
 > tla library-config --greedy --sparse ~/revlib
 >
 > You still need to get a "pristine" copy of the source, though. Which
 > requires access to the archive and doing a checkout from at least the last
 > cached revision.

This sounds like getting 60 MB via my modem? I definitely don't want to do
this.

 > What I would recommend is to create a mirror of the original archive, and
 > put *that* on a CD.

I suppose I can use the stuff I copied for that, can't I? It sounds like I have
to delete all files which don't belong to arch?

 > Take it home, and copy that into a local place, something like:

 > ~/archives/...
 >
 > Then you can register this copy as the original, to create the
 > "pristine". Simplest thing is to change to the source directory and use "tla
 > changes".

OK.

 > After you have a pristine, you can re-register the original archive as the
 > primary, (tla register-archive -f). But you should only need the changesets
 > from what you've already checked out.

So this is fooling arch into believing that my pristine is from the project
archive somewhere on the web? Is it necessary for this step that they are
identical at that moment? (I guess not)

Thanks again,

Martin