Re: [Gnu-arch-users] failed inode signature validation...

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] failed inode signature validation...
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:04:15 +0100

Martin Rubey wrote:

axiom--main--1--patch-24/

containing everyting I want. This is what I put on the CD.
And it also contained the pristine trees under {arch}/++pristine-trees/ (or similar)

This sounds like getting 60 MB via my modem? I definitely don't want to do
this.
You should make a mirror of the archive at work (to another directory), and copy that mirror to CD. Alternatively, you can just copy the original archive to CD, and at home copy to HD again copying the "name" file to "mirror" in =meta-info in the archive tree (this makes it a mirror). Then you can register the archive you copied off the CD as your local mirror.

> What I would recommend is to create a mirror of the original archive, and
> put *that* on a CD.
I suppose I can use the stuff I copied for that, can't I? It sounds like I have
to delete all files which don't belong to arch?
No, you can't use any of the stuff you copied because it only contains a current snapshot, no archive data.

So this is fooling arch into believing that my pristine is from the project
archive somewhere on the web? Is it necessary for this step that they are
identical at that moment? (I guess not)
No, you're not fooling arch at all. First, you're working with a copy of the archive (mirror), and arch creates your pristine stuff from that first, then you change the archive registration to the original on the web. And yes, they need be identical (well, the copy can be a subset of the original, but may not contain anything different from the original).

johannes