Re: [Gnu-arch-users] failed inode signature validation...

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] failed inode signature validation...
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:12:57 -0500

Martin Rubey wrote:

> You copied either a pristine tree or a revision library. In fact, I don't know.

According to your description, you got a working tree which contained a pristine.

 > What I would recommend is to create a mirror of the original archive, and
> put *that* on a CD.
I suppose I can use the stuff I copied for that, can't I? It sounds like I have
to delete all files which don't belong to arch?

No, what you copied doesn't have any history information. To make a mirror of the original archive,

$ tla register-archive http://axiom-developer.org/archive
$ tla make-archive --mirror address@hidden ~/archive
$ tla archive-mirror address@hidden

Or, to mirror only axiom--main--1,
$ tla archive-mirror address@hidden axiom--main--1

 > After you have a pristine, you can re-register the original archive as the
 > primary, (tla register-archive -f). But you should only need the changesets
 > from what you've already checked out.

So this is fooling arch into believing that my pristine is from the project
archive somewhere on the web? Is it necessary for this step that they are
identical at that moment? (I guess not)

It's not "fooling". Arch is designed to work this way. An archive can have many locations, so long as only one of them is commitable.

However, if you don't want to commit to http://axiom-developer.org/archive from home, it may make more sense to register it as a mirror source.

$ tla register=archive address@hidden http://axiom-developer.org/archive

Then you can run tla archive-mirror --only-cached-tags to update your local archive, and it will only copy copy the new changesets that have been added to the archive since the last time you mirrored. You can even do that at 4pm from a cron job.

Aaron