Re: [Gnu-arch-users] into the ether again: wd factor

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] into the ether again: wd factor
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:46:22 -0500

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 05:16:52PM +0100, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

> I assume that you will add such a feature to GNU tla, unless you
> just meant this to be a advertisment for darcs, in that case, it
> doesn't really belong on this mailing list.

Absurd.

Do you mean to suggest I can't even speak of a nifty new arch feature
I'm thinking of, no matter how important and/or simple to add, unless
I'm willing to program it myself?  So much for collaborative free
software design.

arch already has the aforementioned hunk-based committing system,
albeit only via Python, in the roundabout form of "fai revert
--hunks", "tla commit", and "tla redo".  Integrating a more direct
version in tla proper requires some parsing of patches and some
interactivity.

Suggesting such a feature is not advertising, and it's unfair to
construe it as such -- assuming you weren't merely trolling.