Re: [GNUe] packages?

From: Stefan Elwesthal
Subject: Re: [GNUe] packages?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:48:55 +0800

> mysql has been a bit of a nasty database as it won't do things the "standard"
> way and doesn't (didn't?) support transactioning. So if you can't wait to
> have a
> running application, you can use postgres, which is fine and doesn't have a
> steep learning curve. And most gnue hackers use it. :-)
>
> Greets,
>   Christian

Actually, I've read this a lot of times. Still, MySQL is very popular and then,
have a lot of good documentation and 3:rd party tools. I've fired up Postgres
now, but there are no psycopg driver to be found, or installed (I've installed
every python package and every postgres package that exists for suSE).

What are the other databases supported by GNUe? Firebird, SAP?

Regards
Stefan