Re: [GNUe] packages?

From: Stefan Elwesthal
Subject: Re: [GNUe] packages?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:53:04 +0800

> You don't have to have psycopg.  We support all 4 major postgresql python
> drivers.  Popy, psycopg, pygresql, pypgsql.  However the least troublesome of
>
> the set at the moment are psycopg and IIRC popy.  It's interesting to note
> that all though all 4 of the database drivers follow the dbsig2 spec they all
>
> interpret it slightly differently :)
>
> Take Care,
> James

Hello!

Thanks for the info, unfortunately none of the Postgresql drivers provided in
SuSE's python-postgresql
(installed version: 7.3.4-53) works, I only get error messages when trying to
connect through my wizard.
(Driver not found).

So, I'll just drop GNUe until I have the strength to install another
Linuxdistro, and with Firebird SQL. Maybe
that one will do it.

For now, I'll stick with java / JDBC for my Dataentry applications.

Thanks for all the help, keep it up!
Regards
Stefan