Re: member with constructor not allowed in union

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: member with constructor not allowed in union
Date: 15 Mar 2002 09:37:38 +0100

| On 14 Mar 2002, Akim Demaille wrote:
| > | is still generated in my file input_parser.cc and later I get the error
| > | y.tab.c:154: member `class GiNaC::ex GiNaC::yyalloc::yyvs' with
constructor not allowed in union

| > You are not using the C++ output!  Run bison -S bison.c++.
|
| Ahh, I was not aware of this option in CVS' GNU Bison 1.49a.  Above error
| is of course gone now.  However, several hundred other errors crop up,
| which I don't wish to analyze right now.  Methinks bison.c++ is something
| for the long run...

Again, I'm using it with success.  I do agree it needs to be polished,
but to do that, we need to meet other users, such as you.  So I
perfectly understand your point wrt. the urgent need for an answer
_now_.  But I'm really referring to something else: would you accept
trying the CVS Bison and report to us the problems you face?

| [ ] Option 1: Only morons use bison.simple with C++!

That's true :)

| [ ] Option 2: It's eazy -- and backporting in distros suxx big time.
| [ ] Option 3: Distributions should care about their software (LOL).
|
| Hmm, I think I can guess Vincent's and Akim's votes.   :-)

I'm for providing a degraded bison.simple for C++ users.  Is that OK,
or in addition you'd want the regular bison.simple to be OK with C++?