Re: [h-e-w] Cant run ediff

From: Syver Enstad
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Cant run ediff
Date: 13 Dec 2001 03:23:01 +0100

"Michael R. Wolf" <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eli Daniel" <address@hidden> writes:
> > I think you missed the simplest approach of all, which is just to
> > put c:/cygwin/bin (or whatever the windowsy name for cygwin's bin
> > directory on your machine is) into your regular Windows path.
>
> OK, I'll admit it.  I'm a WinDOS phobic guy.  I give - how do you do
> that?  It *does* sound easier.

You goto:
control panel
system
advanced tab in the system dialog
push the button environment variables
Edit the path environment variable, add the path to your diff tools to
the entries already in this variable.
(I am assuming you're using a version of windows that is based on the
NT kernel (win2k, XP or NT 4)

If you are by any chance using win9x(incl ME) based windows I think
you'll have to adjust the path in autoexec.bat and reboot.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad