Re: Fatal error (11). Emacs/ Linux hosed my very long document.

From: Floyd L. Davidson
Subject: Re: Fatal error (11). Emacs/ Linux hosed my very long document.
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:08:36 -0800

mikecoxlinux@yahoo.com (Mike Cox) wrote:
>Much to my dismay, as I was working on my very long review (about 100
>pages typed), xemacs core dumped on me.  I was unable to recover
>anything.  I didn't save my document because I never expected emacs to

Looks like a troll to me.  How many people type in 100 pages of
text without an interuption that results in a saved file?

Regardless, anyone who does that kind of typing is a fool not to
have enabled autosave, just in case the power fails, the cpu
burns up, the police knock at the door, or whatever.

--
FloydL. Davidson           <http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson>
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)                         floyd@barrow.com