Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:41:11 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer a écrit :
Shouldn't this be rather done with prerequisites, variable substitutions and some generic rules?
This is exactly what I wrote, isn't it?
movement_pdf_target is a phony target rule template, which I apply
to the list of movements MOVEMENTS, and I defined a generic
PDF rule too.

I'm attaching one of my makefiles, which is not perfect, either, but it works very well for my scores.
It's a good example of a makefile adapted to a particular purpose... I'm not sure which criterions we should use to adopt makefiles in the docs, besides having a generic one like Peter's and two or three more specific ones (for ly files, for lp-book, for music in several
movements with a full score and parts).

It really depends on the viewer. I'm using okular and it reloads the PDF file when it has changed, so starting another instance is just annoying... Having to use a make variable on the command line to get sane behavior is even more annoying.

You're right; maybe something like

-include $(HOME)/.lily-local.make

or directly reading the value of an environment variable LY_MAKE_NO_AUTO_VIEW could do.

Cheers,
John