Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 21:53:03 +0800

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 08:42:11AM -0500, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
>> I would expect that most of that complexity can be removed due to
>> the new relative \include paths.
>
> I'm not familiar with this as a new feature, but this morning I tried
> for the first time to use the construct
>
>   \include "../Dirname/filename.ly"
>
> Is this what you mean by relative \include paths? It works great!

No, I mean
  \include "../../init/global.ly"
or
  \include "../init/global.ly"
(as appropriate)

where global.ly includes
  \include "init-layout.ly"
  \include "lilypond-elegance.ly"

and the like.  Those paths should now be found (assuming the files
are in the same location as global.ly); previously they would not
be found.