Re: The \\ construct for simultaneous voices

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: The \\ construct for simultaneous voices
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:11:53 +0100

Kieren MacMillan wrote Tuesday, September 08, 2009 5:08 PM

Does this mean you don't need me to immediately rework how \\ voicifies?

I think I'll go ahead with the reordering anyway,
although it might take a while, as I have limited
time at present.  So let's decouple the rewrite
of docs and voicify.  I'll bear in mind that the
details of \\ might change a little, but as I shall
downplay \\ it shouldn't be a problem.

Would that still be a good thing regardless of how the docs are written?

Yes, I think making it "do the right thing", i.e
add a second (and third, etc) voice to the main
voice) is worth-while.  It fits better with its
most useful role, which is to add a voice to a
passage for a short while.

Trevor