Re: fine-tuning new flags - feedback needed

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: fine-tuning new flags - feedback needed
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 14:07:12 +0100

2011/2/7 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:

> On 2/6/11 4:44 PM, "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> As for now, i've already reset my git repository (that is i clicked
>> "Abort changes - reset to origin" in lily-git) and made the changes
>> again. So now i call
>>
>>   git status (everything looks fine, 3 files i've changed are listed)
>>   git diff HEAD (i see something resembling patch file)
>>   git commit -a (it asked me for message - i'm not sure if it's needed
>> since it will be an update of existing commit, but i wrote something
>> there and answered yes to questions that shown up...)
>
> There's no such thing as "an update of an existing commit".  Every time you
> do git commit, it's a new commit, even though it's an existing patch set.
>
> If you want to make it part of the previous commit, you can do so with
> git commit -a --amend
>
> But I don't recommend doing that.

Aha. Ok.

>>   git pull -r (it said that "Current branch master is up to date.")
>>   git cl issue 4134041 (that's number of my first patch sent to Rietveld)
>>   git cl upload origin/master (and wrote some description)
>>
>> and i see the changes now in http://codereview.appspot.com/4134041,
>> but i don't see any notification e-mail send to-devel...
>> Is everything right?
>
> Yes, everything is right.  Notification emails are never sent to -devel when
> a new patch set is uploaded.  Just click on "Publish and mail comments" with
> a comment that says "New patch set uploaded".

Silly me. I forgot that i wasn't automatically logged in, and that's
why i didn't see "Publish and mail comments"...
Too bad i wen't to sleep immediately after sending previous mail...
Well, i've uploaded yet another patch now (that uses some arrays
instead of switches and if..elses).
I suppose that if only one file changed then i'm not supposed to
include all files in patch.

Thanks for help,
Janek