Re: Regarding LSR translation work

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Regarding LSR translation work
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 10:57:18 +0200

Il 17/04/2012 23:40, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
2012/4/17 Federico Bruni<address@hidden>:
>  Another solution could be keeping the current structure and changing only
>  check-translation.py so that, when looking at the files in
>  Documentation/snippets, it should check only the changes inside texidoc = ""
>  and doctitle = "" strings.
Yes, I intially thougth this. What made me to discard proposing it, is
that it would break the 'elegancy' of the "a file is outdated, mark it
as such and show the differences" principle. Not "a part of a file" if
you know what I mean.

Thinking twice... I realize that the regexp would only reduce the output of check-translation but the files would still be marked as outdated for most languages, because of the committishes.

So, Francisco, your solution seems like the only way to go.
Do you agree?
(you know I always get confused about this subject ;-))

So I believe that the best solution would be:

- moving the english texidoc="" and doctitle="" strings in a separate directory, e.g. Documentation/texidocs/ - changing makelsr.py so that also the english strings in Documentation/texidocs are included in the snippets

This implies that snippets editors will have to search the title and description of snippets in a separate file. But it's not a big hassle, as they change very rarely.

How do developers feel about it?

Should we create an issue in the tracker?

Thanks,
Federico