Re: Regarding LSR translation work

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: Regarding LSR translation work
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 11:13:53 +0200

Le 21/04/2012 10:57, Federico Bruni disait :
Il 17/04/2012 23:40, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
2012/4/17 Federico Bruni<address@hidden>:
> Another solution could be keeping the current structure and
changing only
> check-translation.py so that, when looking at the files in
> Documentation/snippets, it should check only the changes inside
texidoc = ""
> and doctitle = "" strings.
Yes, I intially thougth this. What made me to discard proposing it, is
that it would break the 'elegancy' of the "a file is outdated, mark it
as such and show the differences" principle. Not "a part of a file" if
you know what I mean.

Thinking twice... I realize that the regexp would only reduce the output
of check-translation but the files would still be marked as outdated for
most languages, because of the committishes.

So, Francisco, your solution seems like the only way to go.
Do you agree?
(you know I always get confused about this subject ;-))

So I believe that the best solution would be:

- moving the english texidoc="" and doctitle="" strings in a separate
directory, e.g. Documentation/texidocs/
- changing makelsr.py so that also the english strings in
Documentation/texidocs are included in the snippets

This makes me believe it would be a good opportunity to have the English version follow the same rule as translations.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles