Re: Regarding LSR translation work

From: James
Subject: Re: Regarding LSR translation work
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 11:33:49 +0100

Hello,

On 21 April 2012 10:13, Jean-Charles Malahieude <address@hidden> wrote:

> This makes me believe it would be a good opportunity to have the English
> version follow the same rule as translations.

Err.. not sure what you mean by that technically but it's complicated
enough with snippets as it is, to follow the translation method adds
even more complexity (if the CG is anything to go by). Remember that
unless you are doing this all the time (which the translators will be)
it isn't that straightforward.

We want to encourage contributors not push them away.

>From a very basic-no-progamming skill perspective, why can't we just
have an extra texidoc entry in the snippet itself and add the
translation manually, like we would for any updated snippet?

Having another set of files to edit just to put in an explanation
seems silly and now we have to link files to those as well? So in the
NR we have an @snippet that links to a dir with the snippet that now
has to link to a texidoc for that snippet in another dir. How is that
better?

In fact, why do we even need a texidoc string *inside* the snippet? I
don't use one for @lilypond examples.

Why not explicitly translate the snippet 'text' in the manual like we
do for everything else. Wouldn't that be easier long term?

James