Re: [GLISS] - alternative viewpoint

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [GLISS] - alternative viewpoint
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 06:47:11 +0200 (CEST)

>> ... but as David has correctly mentioned previously, it is not
>> fruitful to discuss something for a long time and make everyone
>> agree to it, just to find out later on that the idea can't be
>> implemented in the current framework.
>
> I agree that doing so isn't fruitful.  However, it may be better to
> waste some time and be sure that something is a bad idea than not to
> discuss it at all and have bad feelings about it.

Of course.  However, we had some discussions, then David essentially
said `this won't work', and people were still discussing exactly the
same thing as if David hadn't said anything.

> The most efficient way of doing things doesn't have to be the one
> which makes people most happy/satisfied.

The most efficient way of doing things is to listen to others, not
ignoring the arguments.  Sometimes David's replies are lengthy and
hard to understand, but noone except you has explicitly said `I don't
understand'.  It's obviously much easier to skip such answers instead
of trying to grasp them.  I must confess that this sometimes happens
to me also.

    Werner