Re: anyone notice speed of 2.17.95 on Windows ?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: anyone notice speed of 2.17.95 on Windows ?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 09:59:09 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:43 AM

\faster-but-uglier
\a-lot-faster-but-a-lot-uglier
\ridiculously-fast-and-heinously-ugly

:-) With some serious names, this could be quite useful.

TBH I potentially wouldn't use them. When I benchmarked with and without skylines, I found there was only a noticeable difference with a lot of markup or similar: "normal" music had almost no effect. As a result, I concluded with skylining was the correct default.

However, an option similar to \pointAndClickOff would be simple and could be handy: it could include a number of sensible attempted speed ups.

--
Phil Holmes