Re: Ghostscript 9.15

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Ghostscript 9.15
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:15:42 +0100

Am 25.03.2015 um 09:01 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
We don't use any particular font for sans-serif and
monospace. LilyPond simply calls the OS's default here.  Which is
something I'd like to raise (once more?): Would it be an option to
find suitable complementing fonts here, ship them with LilyPond and
make them the default?
As first measure we should just use one of the 11 or so standard
PostScript fonts.  Probably Helvetica and Courier for sans serif and
monospace, respectively.
Mhmm.  If we are going to ship a sans-serif font, I strongly recommend
something prettier than those two butt-ugly fonts.

Ehm, just to be sure: Would we have to ship these fonts in the LilyPond distribution or could we consider them present anyway? If we'd have to include them anyway then I'd also second the wish to look for an alternative.

Urs

     Werner