Re: Ghostscript 9.15

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Ghostscript 9.15
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:37:53 +0100

Am 25.03.2015 um 10:36 schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

2) Find suitable fonts and include them in the distribution
I know this is a more difficult issue than 1) but I think it would be
worth it. By default LilyPond scores don't use sans or monospace
(IISC)
Chord names are Sans Serif I think.

A yes, that's right. And IIRC there is sort of an agreement that they are not the most appealing part of LilyPond's default appearance ...

but I think LilyPond should actually provide beautiful defaults for
these too.  Maybe it would be a good start looking for fonts in the
same sources as CenturySchoolbook?
CenturySchoolbook is actually another PostScript standard font IIRC.

If I'm not mistaken they are built or copied from texlive during building LilyPond.