Re: Ghostscript 9.15

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Ghostscript 9.15
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:04:22 +0100

Masamichi HOSODA <address@hidden> writes:

>> So that’s probably a matter of the font, not of its style - not
>> every font defines ligatures, and the name „TakaoPGothic“ tells me
>> its main focus would be Japanese (is this true?), so the designers
>> probably didn’t put so much work in features of Latin script.
>>
>> Would you care to try a different font?
>
> TakaoPGothic is Japanese sans-serif font.
> It is only one sans-serif font in the system.
> The system doesn't have any other sans-serif fonts.

GhostScript should _always_ have Helvetica in some form available.
I don't think we should give Pango the freedom to pick platform fonts
that are not explicitly selected: that is something that may make sense
for some application with a focus on interactive music display.

But LilyPond targets primarily print.