Re: Ghostscript 9.15

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Ghostscript 9.15
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:35:08 +0100

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

>>> As first measure we should just use one of the 11 or so standard
>>> PostScript fonts.  Probably Helvetica and Courier for sans serif and
>>> monospace, respectively.
>> Mhmm.  If we are going to ship a sans-serif font, I strongly recommend
>> something prettier than those two butt-ugly fonts.
>
> Ehm, just to be sure: Would we have to ship these fonts in the
> LilyPond distribution or could we consider them present anyway?

They are required fonts.  Now shipping and installing fonts of our own
additionally would not make a fundamental difference since we are
shipping and installing our own music fonts anyway.  But fonts with a
reasonably complete coverage of Unicode do not exactly tend to fall from
the trees and take a lot of space.