Re: Has anyone in this group ever worked on the midi internals?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Has anyone in this group ever worked on the midi internals?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 08:03:57 +0200

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> On 3/27/16 7:36 PM, "address@hidden on
> behalf of Redwood (Daniel)"
> <address@hidden on behalf of
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>Hi David and everyone,
>>
>>So, I know enough now to conclude I would have to learn a great deal
>>before I could accomplish my goal. Before I invest that time...
>>
>>I wouldn¹t want to proceed without guidance from Jan or possibly Han-Wen.
>>Even if I completely accomplished the goal, I can¹t see it shipping
>>without their involvement, even if just to say they don¹t want to be
>>involved. But preferably they could provide some guidance.
>
> My perception is that neither Jan nor Han-Wen is heavily involved in
> LilyPond development at this point.  They are both certainly sources of
> understanding, but there are few commits that they currently make.  And I
> don't believe that they act as gatekeepers for code getting added to
> LilyPond.

I think Midi to be basically just Jan's work, and I am skeptical that he
would know the details of the code more intimately than the last few
persons who worked on it since it's been years since either Jan or
Han-Wen have significantly added any code to LilyPond.

I would be rather surprised if either kept a secret stack of notes to
refer to when getting back to LilyPond.