Re: Has anyone in this group ever worked on the midi internals?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Has anyone in this group ever worked on the midi internals?
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 18:47:22 +0000

the MIDI backend hasn't changed since we lasted touched it, AFAICT. You
should be able to follow the flow by starting at midi-*.cc.
Those get generated from audio-*.cc (check how audio-staff.cc sets up a
MIDI track). The audio elements get generated from *performer.cc.

Most of it is fairly straightforward C++. There is no LISP pluggability of
the MIDI code. The problem is that you'll have to come up with ways to
change the MIDI timing of events to reflect articulation, and possibly
changes to the design to facilitate that.