Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 10:06:03 -0500

Hi David,

> The problem with an approach focused on punishment and expulsion is that
> it helps isolating and eventually ostracizing bad actors, limiting the
> total damage they may cause.

"Limiting the total damage they may cause" is a "problem"? You definitely have
me confused on that one.  ;)

If I might turn your comment to the contrapositive: The benefit with an
approach that includes the possibility for punishment and ultimately expulsion
is that it potentially provides corrective feedback for bad actors and limits
the total damage they may cause.

> I have no good idea.

One of the [so-far-unstated] goals of my Giant Hypergranular List of Jobs is to
address the same problem as the CoC from a different angle. We’ll have to wait
and see if it works out as I feel it could.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info