Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 01:03:22 -0800

On 2020/02/05 08:44:06, janek wrote:
> Hi Jonas,
>
> śr., 5 lut 2020 o 09:18 <mailto:address@hidden> napisał(a):
>
> > Not having read any of this, I strongly suggest that this is
discussed
> > on lilypond-devel _before_ anything is brought to review. Discussion
on
> > GitHub is fine, but I for one wasn't aware that there is one!
> >

> Thank you for being open. I considered uploading a patch for review to
be
> synonymous with opening the discussion on lilypond-devel, but I
understand
> now that this is not the case. I apologize. This was motivated by the
> desire to have something specific to discuss, not to try sneaking
anything
> behind other people's backs! (The discussion on GitHub was not binding
in
> any way, I'm sure that all participants will confirm that.)

I had hoped so, but the way it was proposed did not make this clear.

> Can we continue this review treating it as a way of discussing things
on
> lilypond-devel, or would you prefer if I close it and start a
> separate thread? I'm 100% fine with doing that, the last thing I'd
like to
> see it people feeling uncomfortable because of the way Code of Conduct
was
> proposed.

In my opinion we should have a thread on lilypond-devel. In particular
it should lay out what the motivation is / which problem is to be
solved. (see questions by David and Karlin)
A brief comment on the choice for this particular Code of Conduct and
lessons learned by other projects would be helpful.

I think we can leave this review open to have something concrete, I
fully agree on that point.

https://codereview.appspot.com/575620043/