Unwanted warnings/errors on pedals for multiple voices

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Unwanted warnings/errors on pedals for multiple voices
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 03:47:10 +0200

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Paolo,

> I don't think it would be useful to assign a layer to the pedal information. It doesn't add any benefit in terms of visual clarity, it doesn't save space and it adds redundancy (which is hard to manage when the score becomes bigger and bigger). And I never saw a score in which there's a horizontal ideal line for dynamics: as well as pedals, they should be always near the notes they belong, otherwise they hare uncomfortable to  be associated to them. As said before, I can be easily wrong (then, I would be glad to see an example which shows me an advantage of this feature).

My scores often have broken pedal indications, and when they don’t line up along a single system it’s very visually distracting. That’s one of the (many) reasons I like keeping my pedal indications in a separate variable, and engrave them in a separate context.

As always, YMMV.  ;)

Cheers,
Kieren.

HI Kieren,

Why do you say they are visually distracting?
You could simply use point and click in order to add a pedal or to jump from one pedal to another one.

Cheers