Re: another 'wrong type argument' error

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: another 'wrong type argument' error
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 22:46:02 +0200

On Sun, 2022-10-09 at 16:24 -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> > Heh, 2.23.14 _just_ came out.
> > https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/releases
> > Kieren, try using that
>

> When I download and unzip it, Frescobaldi doesn't like it:
>

> I'm assuming it’s a 64-versus-32-bit issue? (I'm working on a 2011
> Intel Core i7 iMac).

Probably not since all Intel Core processors should be 64-bit. It's
more likely that you are also running an ancient version of macOS. The
binaries are built in macOS 10.15, and even that version is EOL since
July this year.

> MacPorts (where I have 2.23.13 running fine) seems to not have
> 2.23.14 ready yet.
>
> Other than moving to my laptop (64-bit capable) — which I can/will do
> if necessary — what are my options?

Compiling yourself. But more seriously, running an outdated and
insecure operating system is bad by itself...

Jonas