Re: another 'wrong type argument' error

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: another 'wrong type argument' error
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 19:56:02 +0200

On Mon, 2022-10-10 at 08:08 +0200, Jean Abou Samra wrote:

> > Le 9 oct. 2022 à 22:45, Kieren MacMillan <kieren@kierenmacmillan.info> a
> > écrit :
> >
> > dyld: Symbol not found: _iconv
> >  Referenced from: /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
> >  Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
> > in /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
> > Abort trap: 6
>
> What surprises me in this error message is that mentions a dynamic library
> in /opt/local/lib, which I read is for MacPorts, but I thought we were
> linking with dependencies like libiconv statically. Where am I going wrong
> in my thinking?

We are only building libiconv for Windows; on the other platforms
(Linux, macOS, and also FreeBSD) it's provided by the system. On Linux
it's included in glibc and on macOS (at least on version 10.15) there
is /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib which apparently MacPorts replaces with
their own version. I'm not sure though at what point libcups.2.dylib
come in...

Jonas