Re: another 'wrong type argument' error

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: another 'wrong type argument' error
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 07:43:22 +0200

> Le 10 oct. 2022 à 07:10, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> a écrit :
>
>> That is certain to be the reason why it doesn’t run, but I suspect a
>> local build might run fine. I’d suggest setting this lower for
>> binary releases if there’s no pressing reason to require 10.15 on
>> Mac.
>
> Sounds sensible.  Jonas?
>
> On page
>

> https://smallhacks.wordpress.com/2018/11/11/how-to-support-old-osx-version-with-a-recent-xcode/
>
> I read that SDK 10.14.1 supports 10.9 as the oldest version (I
> couldn't quickly find the lowest value for SDK 10.15).  AFAIK, we
> don't use any functionality that is available on newer macOS versions
> only, so this route seems safe.

Given the number of dependencies LilyPond has, including dependencies that
interact with low-level aspects of the system like Guile and Fontconfig, I
strongly doubt this will be easy. MacOS 10.9 has been unsupported for six years
already.

The problem isn’t LilyPond’s or its dependencies’ support for older macOS,
which is better than even the system support. The real problem is Apple
preventing you from upgrading your computer past a certain macOS version.

Jean