Re: another 'wrong type argument' error

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: another 'wrong type argument' error
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 10:05:29 -0400

Hi all,

> one cannot expect bleeding-edge software to run on unsupported OSes

For sure… I guess I just never thought of Lilypond as "bleeding-edge" before!
:)

> My point was to
> temper the movement to investigate technical details of supporting
> old macOS and remind that it is already painful enough for us to
> support current OSes and architectures.

I don't want any real development bandwidth spent on this issue: If it's a
matter of just setting a 'minos' parameter and everything works perfectly, then
great — if it's more than that, or if lowering the minos breaks something else,
then the dev-pool shouldn't pursue it further.

> PS: my offer to look at the file if provided with it still stands.

I appreciate the offer, and will try to send you something the moment I have
the chance. (Right now, I'm scrambling to get other scores composed, arranged,
input, and compiled — rehearsals start on Wednesday!)

Thanks (all!) for your help.
Kieren.