[Monotone-devel] populating a depot server

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Subject: [Monotone-devel] populating a depot server
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:42:57 -0800

OK, so I've successfully imported Valgrind from CVS, and have a local
repository.  I also set up a depot.cgi on my web server, which also
seems to be working.

OK, now how do I push everything to it?

I tried queueing everything with something like:

for m in `monotone complete manifest ''`; do
        monotone mdata $m | monotone queue add <URL>
done

This worked (very slowly), and now I have a heap of queued packets.  But
when I do "monotone post" it asks for my password and then says
"monotone: posted 0 / 1995 packets ok".  The depot still has an empty
database ("depot operational with 0 packets").  What's going wrong?  Is
this even a sane thing to be doing?