Re: [Monotone-devel] Release time

From: Aaron W. Hsu
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Release time
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 13:53:38 -0400

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 12:54 -0400, Jack Lloyd wrote:
> While 1.0 is good for a public image perspective, is it something that
> you want to lock yourself into?

As an user of Monotone, I would just like to mention my thoughts. I'd
prefer a move to the major.minor.patch model, with some clear rules
about when you bump to minor and then to major. I don't care if the
major number has to be incremented rather rapidly, but it's helpful for
me to see at a glance how significant a new release is.

        Aaron W. Hsu