Re: Level Comment Tool online - could be of interest to leveldesigners

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Re: Level Comment Tool online - could be of interest to leveldesigners
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 00:37:41 +0200

David Philippi wrote:

Am Do, den 08.04.2004 schrieb Rune Zedeler um 17:15:
We could automate the job of listing "minimal" action sets and fastest solutions. The level commenting tool could simply run the submitted demos and track the number of actions used. The

It would probably easier to simply extract those information from the
xml demo data. Running the demo isn't required. ;-)

level-commenting-interface could then show all minimal sets of actions and the fastest time, the most number of pingus saved, etc, etc.

Well, we'd only need someone to code all that. I've never coded anything
in PHP so far.

I'm in PHP right now. My problem is that I don't have a playable pingus at the moment. If I had a sample demo xml I could give it a try to find out the information needed and make a PHP module out of it.

Where is the current code of the comment tool located? Is it on SVN somewhere? If yes what module?

And does anybody know where the comment data is stored? Somewhere in a MySQL database or so?

Greetings

Björn