[Savannah-hackers] Re: Licence question

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Licence question
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 01:48:39 -0600 (MDT)

            A project was submitted to Savannah today. I would be tempted
    to accept it as a project that is not part of the GNU project but I
    need your advice about the licence.

We haven't started accepting any non-GNU projects.
We were talking about it but haven't decided to do it.

            It is a french translation of the Mozilla documentation. As
    such, it is under the Mozilla Public Licence which is free but
    incompatible with the GPL. Since it's the documentation and not some
    code I'd be tempted to think that it's not too much of a problem.

It seems to me that they ought to get hosting from Mozilla.
Their work fits there, and people will find it there.
All other questions aside, that is the useful place to put it.