[Savannah-hackers] Re: Licence question

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Licence question
Date: 09 Jun 2001 10:13:16 +0200

 || On Sat, 9 Jun 2001 01:48:39 -0600 (MDT)
 || Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

 rs>  A project was submitted to Savannah today. I would be tempted
 rs>  to accept it as a project that is not part of the GNU project but I
 rs>  need your advice about the licence.

 rs> We haven't started accepting any non-GNU projects.
 rs> We were talking about it but haven't decided to do it.

Okay. I already thought I had missed that decision because this was
the status I remembered.

However, I do believe that making savannah public would be a good
decision.

This is also very likely to make more people feel "at home" with the
GNU Project.

FYI:
Locating savannah in Europe would have been an even better decision,
imho. People all over Europe are demanding a "European sourceforge"
and I'm very sure VA plans to create one.

Had savannah been set up in Europe physically and would now be made
public, we'd be swatting two flies at once. Savannah would run high
chances to become the #1 "sourceforge-like" site in Europe.

Regards,
                Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <address@hidden>