Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah mirrors (was: Licence question)

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah mirrors (was: Licence question)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 01:09:13 +0200

address@hidden a écrit :

> Richard Stallman writes:
>  > We could make another Savannah in Europe if that seems useful.
>  > But do we have a place to host it?  (Nevrax?)
>  >
>  > Or do we want to have some kind of mirror in Europe?
>  > (Can that be done with CVS?  I would be surprised.)

SNIP

>         Technically speaking such a mirror may easily and efficiently
> be done with rsync.

Or cvsup (although I'm not sure of its licence...) which is more
adequate to mirroring rcs/cvs files.

But the mirroring with rsync or cvsup is only a backup solution and not
a distributed CVS solution that would allow different people to work on
the same project from different servers at the same time.

Enhancing CVS or choosing another repository solution would be required
for distributed projects hosting tools.

My 2 cents.
--
Olivier BERGER - Secrétaire de l'association APRIL
APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)