Re: [savannah-help-public] Gnuspeech - git repository

From: Steve Nygard
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Gnuspeech - git repository
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:43:21 -0600

> On 2015-09-18, at 16:37, Steve Nygard <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Given those constraints, submodules are the best solution.  We can add
> GnuspeechSA as a submodule of my repository.  Marcelo can continue his work
> in his repository, and you can have both projects together.  I'll have to
> read up a bit on submodules, since I rarely use them, but that's not a
> problem.  (I believe savannah would need to have a clone of GnuspeechSA
> before we add it as a submodule, otherwise it will refer to the github one.
> Although I imagine it would be possible to update after -- I'll have to look
> at the help.)

Hmm, I stand corrected.  Submodules are horrible beyond belief!  This is why I
don't use them.  Way too much complexity for the goal of having a single
repository to check out.  I don't think it would benefit anyone to use
submodules, alas.

I maintain that just having two repositories, gnuspeech and gnuspeechsa, is BY
FAR the simplest solution.  I don't consider wiping out the change history an
option.

Steve.