Re: [task #16044] Submission of Ladspa Tool Kit

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: [task #16044] Submission of Ladspa Tool Kit
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 10:03:16 -0500

Hi Ineiev, all,

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 9:53 AM Ineiev <INVALID.NOREPLY@gnu.org> wrote:

> Follow-up Comment #7, task #16044 (project administration):
>
> [comment #6 comment #6:]
> > >What were you advised?
> > So I put myself (My own name) on copyright. (file #51945)
>
> Was that correct?

I think it is.  The submitter is claiming copyright for files they
authored.  Meanwhile, FSF has not (yet) accepted copyright for this
work.

The approach of submitting first to non-gnu svh then pursuing transfer
of copyright to FSF was from jxself in #fsf and confirmed rwp in
#savannah (on libera.chat).   As an aside, were we also told that
transfer of copyright to FSF isn't a requirement for a package to
become a "GNU package".

My understanding is the author has this vision:
- package is accepted for non-GNU savannah
- package is accepted as an official GNU package and thus moves to GNU savannah
- transfer of copyright to FSF (if desired by FSF/GNU teams)

Louis, please correct any part of this that appears incorrect.

TIA for your guidance Ineiev

--
Corwin
corwin@bru.st