[task #16044] Submission of Ladspa Tool Kit

From: Ineiev
Subject: [task #16044] Submission of Ladspa Tool Kit
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 04:43:32 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #13, task #16044 (project administration):

[comment #12 comment #12:]
> > Err... we were speaking about copyright...
> Sorry, I got confused, yes, I'm ok with the copyright.

And I confused you once more: it doesn't matter whether you are ok
with the copyright system, what matters is whether the copyright
system is ok with your copyright notices; the question is
whether your notices are valid.

> So this raises a new question and I searched answers but I didn't seen any
yet :
> If I sell an embedded system which carry GPLv3 software,
> will I have to release electronic schematic under GPLv3 too?

No. According to GPLv3, the schematics aren't included
in the Corresponding Source Code, and even when the design
comes under the GPL, the copyleft usually doesn't cover
the physical hardware,
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLHardware

For more on free hardware designs, you can read
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-hardware-designs.html

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16044>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/